Battling For Health – Links and Resources
Let’s Link Each Other!
If you have a HEALTH RELATED BLOG … we will link to your site if you link to ours!
Additional Menu Links
Battling For Health Community
For women recovering from alcoholism
- Addiction Today – Addiction Recovery Foundation
- All Treatment
Drug Rehab Center
- Behavioral Health Treatment – Facility Locator
Sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Center For Addiction and Mental Health Home Page
- Decision Point – Multi-Level Treatment Program Providing Extended Care Treatment
- Gambling Addiction@
- Internet Addiction@
- Journal of Addictive Diseases
- Loraleigh Vance – Spirited
The Art of Living with Spirit!
- Pornography Addiction@
- Quit Smoking Support
It is illegal to smoke in this establishment
- Rehab Info
Trusted Addiction Information & Help … Dedicated to providing comprehensive information about addiction, treatment options and the path to full recovery.
- Sexual Addiction@
- Smoking Addiction@
- Substance Abuse@
- Support Groups@
- The Effective Spirit
- Touched by Alzheimer’s
Exploring ways to prevent Alzheimer’s
- Treatment Products and Programs@
- Twelve Steps Approach@
- Video Game Addiction@
Battling Alzheimer’s Disease
- About.com Alzheimer’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Association
The leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research.
- Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral (ADEAR)
Resources from the National Institutes of Health
- Alzheimer’s News
from Alzheimer’s Australia NSW Library & Information Service
- Alzheimer’s Notes
Encouraging Alzheimer’s caregivers from someone who’s been there.
- Alzheimer’s Reading Room
- Alzheimer’s Stories
Information, stories and tips designed to help and comfort Alzheimer’s caregivers. It’s an extension of the book Alzheimer’s Stories by Karen Favo Walsh.
- Dealing with Alzheimer’s Blog
A woman’s journal about dealing with her Early On Set Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Dr. Razavi: Google’s In-House Doctor
Practical and reliable responses to FAQ’s from Google employees. For every person who asks a question there are several others who have the same concern. I hope that this post will take out some of the guesswork for living a healthier life.
- Fading from Memory
What happens to a family when both parents are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease? This weblog chronicles the experiences of one such family in Sydney, Australia.
- God, Mom, Alzheimer’s, and Me
- Had a Dad
Her father’s 3 year journey, now ended, through Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and her feelings about it.
- I am an Alzheimer’s Caregiver
My mother is 91 years old and suffers from Alzheimer’s disease. I am her caregiver. This is our story.
- Life lessons coping with Alzheimer
A 75 year old Belgian-American whose husband has AD
- Life Without Memories
Support for Alzheimer’s caregivers
- MedlinePlus: Alzheimer’s Disease
Authoritative information from the National Library of Medicine, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other sources.
Alzheimer’s disease information from HealthCentral
Research in the biology of aging
- Renegade Neurologist
Dr. David Perlmutter’s blog
- Advanced Breast Cancer Community
- American Cancer Society
- Boarding for Breast Cancer
- Breast of Canada
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Canadian Cancer Society – Alberta / N.W.T. Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – B.C. / Yukon Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – Manitoba Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – New Brunswick Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – Newfoundland / Labrador Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – Nova Scotia Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – Nunavat Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – Ontario Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – Prince Edward Island Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – Quebec Division
- Canadian Cancer Society – Saskatchewan Division
- Cancer Commentary
- Cancer Information: Learn More About Cancer
- Cancer News Blog
- Cancer News Network
- Cancer News Watch
- Crazy Sexy Cancer
- Dr. Len’s Cancer Blog
Written by the Deputy Chief Medical Officer for the national office of the American Cancer Society.
- Health & Medicine blogs
Courtesy of My Blog Catalog
- Janelle Hail’s Breast Cancer Blog
Written by the Jannelle Hail, founder of the National Breast Cancer Foundation and a cancer survivor.
- Mesothelioma Cancer
- Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is dedicated to serving mesothelioma victims and their families.
- Mesothelioma Cancer Center
- Mesothelioma Veterans Outreach
The Mesothelioma Veterans Center was created to provide information and assistance to veterans regarding treatment, clinical trials, and VA benefits for veterans suffering from asbestos illnesses.
- My Breast Cancer Blog
- National Call To Action
- NPR’s My Cancer Blog
- Planet Cancer
- Pleural Mesothelioma
- Prostate Cancer Research and Education Foundation
- Understand Cancer
- Defying Despondency
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Depression Community – HealthyPlace.com
- DMOZ – Mental Health – Disorders – Mood – Depression
- Grief Management Organization
- How Is Bradley?
- Mental Health Books Blog
- Mom’s Crazy Life
- This Time – This Space
- Through One Dad’s Eyes
- Tips On How To Cure Depression
- About.com Diabetes
The About.com Diabetes site with Debra Manzella, R.N.
- American Diabetes Association
- Bernard’s Diabetes Blog
A great diabetes blog with product reviews, medicine descriptions, and charts.
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Diabetes Blog
- Diabetes Mine
Amy Tenderich’s site
- Diabetes Self Management Blog Network
Many blogs by diabetics describing self care.
A blog companion to The Diabetes Monitor
- The Diabetes Blog
- The Guide to Intimacy After Diabetes Complications
Aa topic far too important to get as little attention as it does ..
- About.com Patient Empowerment
Empowering patients with the tools they need to make tough medical decisions.
The mission of DrugNews is to improve patient safety through education.
- Every Patient’s Advocate
Meet Trisha Torrey
- mHealth News
The voice of mobile healthcare
- Positive Health Wellness
This site is for those of us who look for the information they need to live a more positive, healthier and happier life.
- SUNY Upstate Medical University’s Health Link
Sunday Radio Show with Trisha Torrey
- The Health News Blog
- Trisha Torrey is Every Patient’s Advocate
Patient empowerment, advocacy, medical consumerism and tools to navigate the dysfunction of American health care.
Battling Heart and Stroke
Battling Multiple Sclerosis
- MSSC – Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- MSSC – Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – Alberta Division
- MSSC – Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – Atlantic Division
- MSSC – Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – B.C. Division
- MSSC – Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – Manitoba Division
- MSSC – Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – Ontario Division
- MSSC – Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – Quebec Division
- MSSC – Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – Saskatchewan Division
- National MS Society
- 3 Fat Chicks On A Diet
- Balance In Diet’s Blog
- Blogging Weight
a problogger weight loss journey
- Candy Addict
- Curry Elvis
- Diet Blog
- Diet Cener – The Weight Loss Professionals
- Diet Center: Quiz: Do You Have the Right Thinking For Weight Loss?
- Diet Center: Weight Loss Programs, Diet Plans, etc.
- Diet Detective: The health and fitness network
- Dottie’s Weight Loss Zone
- DrGreene.com – Caring for the Next Generation
- Eat 4 Today
- Eating Britain
- Family Resource Blog
- Fast Weight Loss?
- Fitness Goals
Fitness Goals is an independent website dedicated to inspiring women to live a more healthy and fulfilling life.
- Fitness Mantra: A Health and Fitness Blog
- Food Bountiful
- Health & Fitness News Blog
- John Is Fit – List of Other Great Blogs
- Kathy Maister’s Start Cooking
- Living’ La Vida Low-Carb
- Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) – Interactive Tools & Resources
- My Favorite Diet Blog
- My Recipe: Let’s share recipes
- NutritionData’s Nutrition Facts Calorie Counter
- Parallel Universes
- Really Bad Restaurants
- Skinny Daily Post
- Starling Fitness
- Stay-Fit Bug
Experienced Fitness and Workout Tips
- Technorati Tag: Weight Loss
- The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl
- The Diet Dish
- Tomato Casual
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
An advocate site for having treatments available for age related macular degeneration
- Eyes Vitamin and Nutrition
Eye Health Care
Your Online Source For Educational Opthalmology Videos
- Vision Health – Rebuild Your Vision
This site is about Rebuilding Your Vi
- Biomedicina Brasil
- Healthy Flat
- Subacute Care and Rehabilitation Facilities
CareMeridian is a well known subacute and skilled nursing/rehabilitation facility located throughout the Western United States for patients suffering from traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, or medical complexities such as neuromuscular or congeni