Part 3- Chest Push Ups Series with Clifta- Exercise Tip

youtube.com/watch?v=mXygr-MQs38?version=3&f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

This is Part 3 of 3… of my Chest/Push-Up Series. In this clip I demonstrate and talk about my secrets of doing a Full Push-Up and a Half Push-Up. I’ve found over the years of training people that, although Push-Ups are a basic movement, people have a hard time feeling their Chest when they do them. That’s the reason I’ve gone into so much detail about the Push-Up. It’s a basic body weight exercise that is used ALOT in bootcamp style workouts so I thought I’d make some clips explaining how to do Push-Ups so you feel Chest without putting pressure on your lower back and/or shoulders. This is a 3 Part Series… So make sure you see Parts 1 & 2 for additional information! If you’ve been feeling pressure or more of a load on your shoulders or triceps during Push-Ups, or any other Chest exercise, more than you do your Chest… then this clip will explain everything that I do and think about when I do Push-Ups. Subscribe now so you Don’t miss out on my next clip! Clifta has been in the Health & Fitness Industry for 25 years now and is currently training clients in Reno, Nevada.

Comments

1. @Furanshisuu To me… diamond push ups are for your triceps. You could maybe try the handles and stretch down really deep to get that extra stretch. Also flys help, especially if you turn your hands at the top. Also cable crossovers, if you can go to a gym.

2. Furanshisuu says:

Clifta, like mayvrick, I’m making mass progress on my oter chest from pushups. But what’s a good way to work my inner chest because I have no access to the gym and my inner chest around the sternum is pretty flat compared to the outer area of my chest. Do diamond pushups really get that? Or do I add elevation to my feet or something?

3. CliftaFIT says:

@locofool1 Thank you!

4. CliftaFIT says:

Thank you!

5. CliftaFIT says:

I like cable crossovers, and/or flat or incline flys with the cable machine and overlap your hands when you cross on each rep.

6. CliftaFIT says:

Thank you.
    I think it depends on what you want to build. Is there something specific you are working on?

7. 65trainer says:

Hello CliftaFIT.
    Like your gentle approach/style.

8. clifta can you kindly tell me how to devolope inside portion of chest as i have bi gap there

9. You’re an amazing woman Clifta ! You really know what you’re talking about. In your opinion what are the three best exercises for building muscle? Thanks…. and best of luck for your comeback!

10. CliftaFIT says:

Thank you very much! I’m so glad it has helped you.

That’s what fitness is all about… finding what works for you and your own body… not someone elses. 🙂

Thank you so much for watching and your comment!

11. CliftaFIT says:

Hi Clifta thanks for sharing these pushup tips. They are really useful for my home/travel routine and I feel that my pushups are more effective now as previously I always felt that too much of my triceps were being worked.

I like how you don’t mandate the reader to follow a specific fixed form beyond the basic requirements but encourage each person to find out what works best for their bodies.Looking forward to trying out a few more training tips!

12. CliftaFIT says:

Oooops…. I accidently removed this one when I went to reply to it. It said….

13. Thank you for watching! 🙂

14. hackers195 says:

hii ..madam …yu gt a aswum body …the vedio wz really helpful 4 me ..

15. That’s great!!! How awesome is that!
    Keep up the good work! 😉

16. newmanto03 says:

well at least i am learning something , and at the same time got to see u in doggystyle position and your cleavage 🙂

17. This was an awesome series Clifta! I have really crappy shoulders and have not been able to do “push ups.” This has been a great help in correcting my form and being able to at least do partial or half push ups. Thanks again for your hard work!

18. CliftaFIT says:

Yes, but it also helps to train the shoulders and triceps too, as well as your core.

19. Bigtruck2007 says:

So, is working the chest the main muscle you need to build to do more pushups?

20. CliftaFIT says:

Yeah, I don’t like to lock out either. I like to have a slight bend in my arms at the top of the movement… that way when I go to go down, my chest is already flexed and ready to go. I can do them faster and get more out that way. 🙂

21. jessedabody says:

I use to do a full lock out when doing push-ups years ago….I don’t lock out when I do mine…I like to keep continuous tension on my chest I guess everybody finds their groove and what works for them:) 30 push-ups the way you are demonstrating is outstanding.

22. CliftaFIT says:

Wow! Your workout sounds tough!!! Good for you!
    Keep it up!

23. CliftaFIT says:

I can only do 30 in a row right now. I’m trying to beat that! 🙂
    A month ago, I could only do 20.

24. luvsbuffgurls says:

wow, so how many regular push ups in a row can you do?

25. jessedabody says:

Thanks for the information and upload…now that I’m in my 50’s I do a lot more push-ups than benching….usually 8 sets of push-ups for 100 reps and superset with hammer curls and shoulder presses…nice little pump at the end and my size and vascular conditioning is still being maintained:)