Golf Fitness Tip: Powerful Golf Swing Exercise

youtube.com/watch?v=aLt561IDaMc?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

www.performbettergolf.com – Mike Pedersen Golf Fitness Exercise Trainer shows you simple golf exercise tips using dumbbells that will increase not only the strength but rotational range of motion to make a more powerful golf swing.

Comments

1. MikePedersenGolfTips says:

@arantxa006 Great question. I let my hips rotate a bit, but am really trying to strengthen core rotation. But in your golf swing, there definitely is more hip rotation than in this training exercise. Let me know if that helps.

2. arantxa006 says:

Hi Mike, do you move the hips slightly to workout more your core? Thanks

3. MikePedersenGolfTips says:

@golfgod1966 Some of the younger golfers are doing the 2 power exercises you mentioned, but for the older golfer, it might put undo stress on the shoulder joints and the lower back. Exercises like these are better suited for golfers IMO 🙂

4. golfgod1966 says:

shouldn’t i just do bench press and squats to play better golf?

5. healthnut4life48 says:

Golf is a physically demanding sport, and a great golfer needs to stay flexible and be in great shape. The pro’s spend thousands of dollars on golf fitness trainers and coaches to help keep them on top of their game, but for me that was not a possibility. After years of complaining about my game plateauing and about being sore from playing so much I knew I had to do something about it, but after a few stretches I was lost.

A colleague of mine showed me this great tool..

SELFTRAINERMAT. com

6. MikePedersenGolfTips says:

@jkpassage Jeff, you can do it either way, but for anyone with a slight back issue, do them standing totally erect.

7. Good video, Mike. Should we do these exercises completely vertical or should we add some golf swing posture to it as well? Thanks, Jeff P.

8. MikePedersenGolfTips says:

@andrewricegolf Thanks Andrew! You’re welcome!

9. andrewricegolf says:

Looks good Mike – thanks for the info.