Fitness & Exercise Tips : How to Get Abs With Resistance Bands

youtube.com/watch?v=Pzj69bg3VCk?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

Resistance bands can be helpful tools for building abdominal muscles, specifically through reverse curls that are done by stretching the bands over the feet while the legs point up to the ceiling. Discover how to choke up on a resistance band to work the core with help from a certified personal trainer in this free video on using resistance bands to work out the abs. Expert: Tanya Batts Bio: Tanya Batts has been a certified personal fitness trainer for more than 11 years. She specializes in Pilates, yoga, combat cardio, aerobics, core conditioning and overall strength training. Filmmaker: Reel Media LLC

Comments

1. @somebodyjones2 I understand 😉 Turkish get ups are great. I used to do a lot of kettle-bell training and finished with not to a dissimilar workout to your own. My Lower back is not 100% so I’m not doing much in the way of kettle-bells at the moment, but sod it, i might do some turkish get ups tonight lol

2. somebodyjones2 says:

@lukie69 I know… the frequency is high, but i do it b/c it’s more of a psychological thing for me… i could drop back a bit and put a day between, but that puts pressure on me for the “on” days… i can’t skip. at least the way i’m going, if i skip a day, i don’t sweat it that much.

i hear you and i don’t use ANY of the ab band exercises from this vid, either. The most important ones for me are the chops. Those are killer. ..and have you worked the turkish get-ups? i love those

3. ….. continued…. I will stick with hanging leg raises, Planks,swiss ball crunches,cable crunches etc, but for a lot of exercised the Resistance bands are quite impressive! Good workout by the way on your core!

4. @somebodyjones2 Man that is far to much training for your core! (5-7 times a week) You need time for your body to repair mate, if I was you i’d hammer it 3 days a week, having 4 days rest between, i promise you’ll feel/look better! I will be honest,I tried the above workout & there wasn’t enough resistance on my abs! he band I have is heavy duty, but for the amount of resistance needed for my abs (my grip couldn’t take it) and i’m not into (20+ reps) so it was a no go!………

5. somebodyjones2 says:

@lukie69 btw, i love bands. i think there are some real advantages to them over freeweights (that i also use)

and an added bonus is that you can throw a bag of bands into your backpack and pretty much exercise anywhere (i am famous at work for exercising 3-4 times throughout the day in my office!…not much of a sweater, so i can do it! lol)

6. somebodyjones2 says:

@lukie69 I will, however, let you in on my ab routine: 5-7 times/week

– 15-20 turkish get-ups – 20-25 lb dumbell (resistance)
    – planks for 1:30-2:00 each (trad.)
    – around the world planks (trad.)
    – 2-3 sets 20-30 reps of hi low chops with heavy bands (resistance)
    – 2-3 sets 20-30 reps of low hi chops with heavy bands (resistance)
    – core synergistics: like walk-out push-ups, dive-bomber push-ups, squat rows
    – i tighten my abs in ANY workout, too.

not a crunch in sight!

7. somebodyjones2 says:

@lukie69 hmmmm. well, i’m not going to post a vid or pic of my stomach…that just seems overly narcissistic and ridiculous. I’m very happy with my current core fitness and you’re just going to have to believe me (or not…it doesn’t really matter).

8. @Georgegiapanta That really is not true!!!! Muscle is grown by resistance, and strain put on the muscle, so it is forced to grow! I have always been into weights (10 years) and have been in good shape because of them. Unfortunately whilst sparring I damaged my wrist so i was forced into resistance bands (always kept away from them) I bought the Black Sniper Cord which has a lot of resistance, and “WOW” I am very impressed, my muscle mass has increased, as well as tone and strength!! They work

9. @somebodyjones2 Out of interest, where is this proof of your abs? I went on your page and couldn’t find anything!!?

10. somebodyjones2 says:

@Georgegiapanta dunno about that. i got my abs from nothing BUT resistance bands. I HATE traditional ab exercises, so i avoided them completely (i know…that’s not the best thing either)… i think using the bands as a supplement to a regular crunch/ bicycle/ leg lift/ etc ab workout would be the ideal exercise regimen.

anyway, i’m proof that abs can be exercised (and extremely well) with the bands.

11. 38kenrochelle says:

great video. These exercises are not for the faint of heart :)) very concise and informative

12. Georgegiapanta says:

ok…listen to me…abs arent working out because you are using the resistance band……….if you want to have ams you wust workout normaly….

13. i watched this vid like 200 times shess soooo sexy and her ass…….

14. i watched this vid like 200 times shess soooo sexy

15. @ThePunisherNWO who wouldnt? shes toooo hot

16. muktismom says:

great video! Thanks for posting. Thanks to for breathing loudly. So many teachers do not show the breath which is so important!

17. VioletKIng69 says:

she is in amazing shape!!

18. ThePunisherNWO says:

i wud luv 2 fuck tanya

19. mauriamaro007 says:

i am a good guy

20. YungIce36 says:

is it jst me or am i not feelin on any burn?

21. One of the best, easiest to understand exercise videos ever. Thanks for being so concise and going over these exercises so quickly and effectively.

22. cre8tivity06 says:

Cool video and I agree with sharpie…Nice legs!!

23. sharpielol7 says:

nice legzzzz…

24. TowardTheLight says:

Thanks. Like your explanation and the simplicity. AND it sure feels effective when I try it.