On March 1, 2009 .. I am closing the doors on the individual “Battling” series of blogs in the HART-Empire Network and merging them all into this one mega blog. I thought I would show you around the new site!
New BATTLING FOR HEALTH Logo
I would like to thank my Blog Catalog friend Omar Modesto for coming up with this new logo and design .. I think it looks great! Plus, if you are familiar with the other blogs, each had my HART-Empire Network logo on it, and I wish this site to stand on its own!
Navigation and the BATTLING FOR HEALTH Category Archives
* Home – will bring you to the front page (you can also click the new logo as well)
* About – information all about our blog
* Archives – archives by category and month, plus the last 100 posts
* Contact – how to contact us
* Links – categorized links page
* Top Posts – we will be keeping our favorite posts on this page, as well as automate readers’ top rated posts
* Store – browse our store for unique and health related books, wheelchairs, treadmills and other exercise equipment and supplies
* Advertise – if you wish to sponsor our blog and advertise on our pages, please see this page
The next two rows are links to individual category archives .. by topic. For each old blog that we used to have, we will be maintaining the data and organizing it into categories. For instance, if you click the “Heart and Stroke” link above, you will see all the posts under the “Heart and Stroke” category, as on the image to the right, just like the old blog. Current categories mimick our old “Battling” series of blogs:
* Battling Addiction
* Battling Alzheimer’s Disease
* Battling Arthritis
* Battling Cancer
* Battling Depression
* Battling Diabetes
* Battling Healthcare
* Battling Hearing
* Battling Heart and Stroke
* Battling Multiple Sclerosis
* Battling Obesity
* Battling Schizophrenia
* Battling Stress
* Battling Vision
A Look At The Front Page Of BATTLING FOR HEALTH Blog
LEFT MAIN CONTENT AREA
* Featured Content – this section will be showing images and headline/titles of our featured resourceful type of content, that each category will be publishing at least a few times each month.
* Last 10 Posts – chronologically speaking, these are the last posted articles in our blog at any given time, working backwards.
* The Latest For Each of the 14 Categories – In each section, in alphabetical order, the last 3 posts of each category will be listed here. We will be including a little thumbnail image that may be found inside each post, but if there are no images in the post the default image of the author will appear
* Announcement Category – At the bottom, are special announcements (usually by me) that affect this blog and its operations, uptime, downtime, and other news we want to pass along to you!
RIGHT SIDE AND SIDEBARS
* Top “Post” and “Comments” RSS Feeds – Subscribe to our feed in your favorite RSS Feed Reader with these links!
* Sidebar eNews and Updates – Sign up here with your email, and receive all posts summed up once at the end of the day in your email!
* Sponsorship section and Friends of Battling For Health – see advertising page in the top navigation
* Featured Video – We will be showing health related YouTube videos in this spot. They do not start automatically, although if you start watching them they might continue and play additional health videos back to back!
* Recent Comments – from our readers … we want to hear from our readers
* Store Categories and Other Pages – These are currently in progress and may change periodically, but we invite you to peruse these links and pages!
* Related Tags – these are category specific tag clouds. If you are on the “arthritis” category, only arthritis related tags should appear in the sidebar.
* All the Rest .. feel free to explore other links and sections in the sidebars .. at this time, nothing is set in stone and there may be additions and deletions from the sidebar
* Disclaimer – In our footer, please note the disclaimer… while we try to keep this blog up to date and seek to bring you the latest in health news, opinion, resources, and off-beat stories…. as are articles age in the archives, certain information may have changed. As such…
NOTE: The contents in this blog are for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or a substitute for professional care. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional before making changes to any existing treatment or program. Some of the information presented in this blog may already be out of date.
Browse The BATTLING FOR HEALTH Archives
When you click the archives link in the top navigation menu, you will be able to see the last 100 post titles published in our blog. You will also see the categories and the months in our archives, if you wish to expand. It might be suggested to use keyboard hotkeys .. “CTRL-F” .. which might make it easier to search for specific articles.
Our Single Post Page With Comments
When you click on the title of any post found on the front page, the archives, the category page’s “Read More” link, or any of the featured images throughout the blog .. you get to the individual post page. This is the entire article and post that you will see in your email, or RSS feed reader. Other information that is of interest:
* Author Information – Each post will contains an image of the author, as well as a link (in case you wanted to see all the posts by the author).
* Pass Our Post Along To Your Friends! – At the end of the post, there are buttons available if you want to share this article with your friends on twitter, and other social media sites!
* Comment Section – Speak your mind and tell us what you are thinking. If you want to receive follow up comments by other readers, tick the box at the bottom of the comment section
But There’s More!
But .. you’ll have to explore the rest on your own time! Or, you can click one of these images 🙂
In Conclusion …
Well, I hope you liked this tour of our new site! Here is important information you may want to know:
Bookmark – Battling For Health – BattlingForHealth.com
RSS Feed for Battling For Health (Posts) – feeds2.feedburner.com/battlingforhealthcom
RSS Feed for Battling For Health (Comments) – feeds2.feedburner.com/BattlingForHealthComments
Subscribe via Email and receive daily eNews and Updates!