Upcoming heart(y) awarenesss events for February
February is a special month because it has been designated as THE MONTH of many things, especially on heart(y) and healthy issues. Most important for us here at Battling Heart and Stroke, February is the American Heart Month and the National Women’s Healthy Heart Campaign. As part of the American Heart Month, Friday, Feb. 6, 2009 has been designated as National Wear Red Day. Stay tuned for more details next week.
Don’t forget to be good to your heart on Valentine’s Day, February 14, which by the way, is also designated as National Organ Donor Day to honor those with hearts so big they even share their blood and organs.
Now, February also honors healthy lifestyle and nutritious food by being the
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Cherry Month
- National Wise Health Consumers Month
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week (22 to 28 February)
- National Pistachio Day (February 26)
- National Sweet Potato Month
Of course, we shouldn’t forget that our dental health is closely related to our heart health. That’s why we shouldn’t forget that February is National Children’s Dental Health Month.
Finally, let us all be friends and be nice to each other next month because February is the International Friendship Month.
Heart(y) Online Webchats with Cleveland Clinic Experts for February
Once again, the country’s number one heart clinic is organizing live webchats wherein the public can ask the top heart experts questions close to their hearts. Below is February’s schedule:
- Carotid Artery Disease Wednesday, February 18, 2009 – 12 noon (EST), to be presented by Dr. Daniel Clair, Chairman, Department of Vascular Surgery.
- Cardiac Conditions & Concerns in the Student Athlete Thursday, February 19, 2009 – 12 noon (EST), will be presented by pediatric cardiologist Dr.Richard Sterba of Pediatric Institute & Children’s Hospital and Heart and Vascular Institute.
- Ask the Heart Doctor, Friday, February 20, 2009 – 12 noon (EST), to be presented by Dr. Michael Faulx, staff cardiologist at Cleveland Clinic Heart & Vascular Institute.
- Treating and Preventing Adolescent Obesity, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 – 12 noon (EST), to be presented by Dr. Ellen Rome of the Department of Adolescent Medicine Pediatric Institute and Children’s Hospital.
Photo credit: stock.xchng