Have you seen My Food Advisor, ADA’s brand-new nutrition tool that takes the guesswork out of carb counting and calculates 21 other nutrients? You can also seek healthier alternatives, search for foods by categories, and browse hundreds of ADA’s recipes.
My Food Advisor highlights:
- Explore 5000 different foods
- Search database by setting your own criteria for carbohydrates and 4 other nutrients
- Search for healthier alternatives
- Easily add up the carb, fat and 20 other nutrients you eat in a day
- Browse recipes or search by criteria that you select
- Save meals & recipes to your personal recipe box
Balloon Flights for Diabetes!
Virgin Balloon Flights offer you the experience of a lifetime – a fantastic trip drifting over beautiful countryside in a Virgin hot air balloon. Virgin Balloon Flights are donating a fantastic £15 to Diabetes UKfor every balloon flight booked through the special booking line – 0870 787 4978
Your trip includes:
- Greeting and passenger registration
- Introduction to hot air ballooning and to virgin balloon flights
- Pilot briefing and the invitation to assist with the inflation of the balloon
- Approximately one hour’s flying time
- Traditional balloonists’ champagne toast upon landing
- Transport back to your launch site
- Personalized certificate
- Choice of over 90 launch sites throughout the UK
- Memories that will last for a lifetime.
Buy a Bee. Help Take the Sting out of Diabetes.
Buzz Day is Diabetes Australia’s annual merchandise fund-raising campaign. Supporting retail outlets and individuals sell merchandise throughout August and September, culminating in our signature, Buzz Day, September 19, where staff actively sell the merchandise at CBD train stations together with a fantastic volunteer force. Visit www.buzzday.com.au to find out how you can get involved.
Diabetes Headline News:
New York Times, August 7, 2008. Gum Disease Signals Diabetes Risk. The link between diabetes and gum disease.
News . Scotsman . com, August 7, 2008. Broccoli Cuts Diabetic Risk of Heart Disease. Broccoli is believed to be a tool for diabetics in the fight against heart disease.
Las Vegas Now, August 6, 2008. New Clinical Trial May Help Diabetics With Foot Wounds. A new clinical trial in Las Vegas that is testing a topical gel called Excellarate. Watch the news video here.