So, what did you get aside from the Christmas gifts?
A big hang-over? Due to all the alcohol you had.
Constipation? Indigestion? Due to all that food you ate.
Have you already gotten enough rest and sleep?
Most importantly, how’s your arthritis? Have your symptoms gotten worse?
Well…here are some remedies that might help.
They’re not mine, but from American Chronicle’s Arthritis Cure Secrets – Most Popular Home Remedies for Arthritis:
- Try a red flannel wrapped gently around painful joint and leave it overnight.
- A gentle massage with warm live oil as soon as the pain starts is cheap and effective. One of the good home remedies for arthritis.
- Garlic, juniper, lavender, cajuput, sage, rosemary, thyme, or sassafras. Any one of these oils diluted in the proportions of one part to 10 parts of olive oil and used to massage the painful joint will bring immense relief. One of the well liked home remedies for arthritis.
- The patient should be given a lukewarm enema for a few days to cleanse the bowels as the first step to prevent arthritis is to relieve constipation.
- Steam baths and massage once a week are beneficial in the treatment of arthritis.
- All general cold-water treatments, such as cold baths and cold sprays, should be avoided.
- An extra supplement of calcium, zinc and vitamin C is often recommended and is worth trying at an early stage.
- Sea bathing is considered beneficial in the treatment of arthritis.
- The water should be drunk in the morning with an empty stomach. Fresh juice can also be extracted from potatoes and dilute it with water on 50:50 basis make it the first thing in the morning. One of the well liked home remedies for arthritis.
- Dandalion is the remedy of choice–its leaf has diuretic quality that increases output from the kidneys, while its root is a mild laxative and liver tonic that enhances bowel movement.
- Circulation around the joints can be improved through tissue-cleansing properties of essential oils, of Juniper, Cypress and Lemon, whereas oils of lavender, Rosemary and Chamomile have mild analgesic and high anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take 1-2 capsules of cold liver oil daily, use hot/cold water according to local weather conditions.
- Take four peeled pieces of garlic, and two grams of Sprague. Powder both and dip in 30 grams of mustard oil and heat slowly. Massage daily with this oil on pains. One of the effective home remedies for arthritis.
- Take 10 grams of camphor and 200 grams of mustard oil. Mix in a glass bottle and close with a tight cork and keep the bottle in the sun till the camphor dissolves. Massage the affected area daily. One of the best home remedies for arthritis.
- With feet massage eyesight improves and dryness, swelling and Oil massage should be done at least four times a mouth.
- The patient suffering from arthritis should not sit idle nor over-exert himself or herself. Immobility may lead to stiffness of joints and over-exertion may be lead to damage of ligaments.
- Epsom salts (4 TBSP) should be added to bathing water, to reduce inflammation and stiffness of joints.
- The body should be kept warm at all times. Joints should not be bandaged tightly as this limits movement and interferes with the free circulation of blood.
- The patient should relax for 30 minutes every night in a tub of warm water in which cupful of sea salt has been mixed.
Most importantly, the said American Chronicle article reminded us of the Arthritis Diet. Indeed, what use are these remedies if your diet is bad for your condition?
These are the highlights of a good arthritis diet:
- The diet of the arthritis patient should be planned along alkaline lines and should include fruits and vegetables for protection, proteins and carbohydrates for energy.
- Red meat and dairy products are destructive.
- A vegetarian diet, or one including fish, with plenty or raw fruit and vegetables can do miracles.
- Cabbage, carrot, celery, cucumber, lettuce, onion, radishes, tomatoes and watercress may be used for raw salad.
- The cooked vegetables may include asparagus, beets, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, celery, brinjal, mushroom, onions, peas, beans, spinach, tomatoes, squash and turnips.
Personally, the above lists are very helpful to me. Hope it helps you as well.