I have now successfully completed the upgrade to the latest wordpress version 2.1
There were more than the usual amount of plugins activated prior to the update, and I have not only deactivated some that were known not to be compatible .. but I have added a few new plugins.
While I was tinkering with the files and data, I’ve decided to resize 100% of the photos that were previously inside this blog to a maximum of 1000px wide by 1000px height. Basically, that translated to reducing my pictures of about 650kb size to about 120kb in size. I figured that I would only have about 1.4 years left of daily pictures of my meals to upload, before I would have to upgrade this account’s hard disk space .. or resize all of the pictures anyway. I think that this maximum size is still sufficient to review closer details of my delicious dinners (and other camera shots) and the savings will be enormous over time.
Please .. if you see anything kooky happening, please bring it to my attention as soon as possible.