We always have chili in our fridge. If there isn’t any chili in the fridge, there are probably a few small Ziploc containers with chili frozen in our freezer. If there is no chili in our fridge or freezer, I go out and get the ingredients and make chili. After you read the cooking method, you can tell that I like to make an evening out of cooking HART’s Favorite Chili Recipe. I also take the time to cut up all my red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers and orange peppers for the week.
HART’s Famous Chili Recipe .. with Pictures!
LEAN GROUND BEEF – between 2.85 kg to 3.25 kg (110-115 oz range)
HEINZ RED KIDNEY BEANS – DARK RED – 1 can, 398 ml size
CLUB HOUSE SEASONING MIX – Hot ‘N Spicy Chili Seasoning – 2 Packets
HUNTS’ ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE – 1078 ml – this is one of those Large cans plus 1 normal sized can
CELERY STICKS – 2 cups – Usually between 4 and 7 sticks, depending on size
ONION SLICES – 4 cups – usually takes 1 extra large WHITE onion and 1 regular sized WHITE onion
– Cook and stir periodically, until all the beef is browned, and basically cooked
– Drain the cooked beef and onions, and rinse thoroughly with cold water (all the grease)
– Rinse clean the Large Pot (to remove all the grease)
– Put all the beef and onions back into the pot back onto the stove top at medium
– Add the Hunts Italian Tomato Sauce into the pot
– Add the two packs of Club House Seasoning Mix
– Stir and mix the content thoroughly
– Add the Heinz Red Kidney Dark Red Beans into the pot
– Add the Celery
– Give it one big stir, then crank the heat up from Medium to Medium-High .. and leave it for 10 minutes with the lid on .. (this will build up a good little chili sauce)
– Stir thoroughly and turn the heat down to MINIMUM … and leave the lid on the pot
– For 2 hours – on the half hour, I give a really good stir and am not tempted to lift the lid off of the pot.
– After the 2 hours, I leave the pot on the stove, but TURN OFF the stove.
– There you have it!
– Makes about 25-27 cups of Chili, depending on amounts of chili or amounts of celery or onions used
– Points Count – 4 points per cup
– Visit The Peppermaster www.pepperfire.ca/pepperstore/index.php?cPath=30&osCsid=j8ptcvtlhmou62efbd5ttanma6 and try some of their samplers and gift packs of their sauces in your chili .. it gives it a great zing, or can add a terrificly hot taste to your mouth!
– Although, the chili is delicious “AS IS” …. Enjoy!